We Are Not The Hero Online Course
Unhealthy dependency is a huge obstacle to indigenous church growth and multiplication.
This unique course takes a systemic look at mission paradigms that create unhealthy dependency among the recipients of our mission efforts. It explores causes and effects while offering preferred principles and practices to foster local dignity, sustainability, and organic multiplication.
We Are Not The Hero — course overview
Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: Think movement and act multiplication
Week 3: Be strategic about reproducibility from the beginning – DAY 1 affects DAY 100TM
Week 4: Inspire biblically obedient and culturally authentic churches
Week 5: Serve as a low-profile missionary
Week 6: Plan for Christ-sustained ability – avoid causing unhealthy dependency
Week 7: Act sustainably by practicing asset-based missions
Week 8: Make disciples among oral learners
We Are Not The Hero — course specifics
- Limited space: 10-12 participants maximum. This ensures plenty of opportunities for interaction.
- 4-5 hours per week between the reading assignments, videos, and weekly Zoom calls.
- We run the course twice a year but offer flexible dates if you apply as a group.
We Are Not The Hero — who the course is for
- Anyone contemplating missionary service, missionaries, church planters, missions-oriented churches or organizations, or Great Commission-minded disciples.
- Those who desire to serve effectively in a cross-cultural setting.
- Those who want to start or transition toward healthy sustainability in their mission efforts.
- Those who wish to take a look at the root causes and symptoms of unhealthy dependency.
- Those who desire to develop alternative mission practices that lead to self-sustaining and self-multiplying leaders and churches.
Why we created We Are Not The Hero
In a globalized world, the West is engaging with the rest of the world like never before. It’s more important than ever that missionaries and the organizations who lead them remember that we are not the hero. Together, we’ll help you create alternative missionary practices that make disciples without unwittingly perpetuating a hero paradigm and unintended consequences.
We’re dedicated to providing missionaries with the coaching, training, and practical tools needed to multiply disciples organically among their host communities—utilizing biblical, reproducible models.
Get started with We Are Not The Hero
If you have questions about our We Are Not The Hero online course, we’d love to answer them. Our team is here to share more about the course and if it’s the right fit for you.
Connect with us today so we can provide you with the hands-on, practical tools needed to multiply disciples organically without the entanglements of dependency.
4-Steps for Making Cross-Cultural Decisions for Maximum Impact
A tool designed to help you make missiological decisions that produce local dignity, sustainability, and multiplication.